The Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk, and Ride is back – with a twist. For this year’s virtual run, you can choose your date, route, and distance while supporting great charities. Score some swag and discounts too!
When you take part in the Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk, and Ride, you’re carrying on an almost 50-year tradition that is one of Calgary’s biggest family fundraisers. With proceeds going towards Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities and the Calgary Health Foundation NICU, you can feel good about helping out, work out, and score some swag and exclusive discounts. Donate or fundraise for the chance to win some amazing prizes including a Hush Weighted Blanket, Capix Pura Vida Cruiser Bike, or GoPro Hero 9 Bundle.
Since the run is virtual this year, friends and family across Canada can join too. Sign up together and see who can get the best time or raise the most funds. A little friendly competition is motivating and hey, it’s for a great cause!
Affiliate disclosures: 1. Sport Chek generously outfitted me with spring running gear for the Mother’s Day Run, but all words and opinions are my own. 2. This story contains affiliate links through which I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
How it works
- Sign up for the Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk, and Ride online. Register by April 12 11:59 pm MDT to have your race package mailed to you (one delivery fee per household applies), OR register before May 5th to pick up your swag curbside at Run Calgary HQ on May 5 /6, 2021.
- Every registrant will receive a Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run Water Bottle, Sport Chek Flash Sac, and Finisher Medal PLUS. Register by May 1st to receive an exclusive Sport Chek VIP pricing offer up to 70% off* (*regular priced items. Offer valid from May 6-10 in-Store Only. $4000 spend limit. Select Brands and Styles.)
- Choose your route, pace, and distance (5 km or 10 km) – and date. You can complete your route over Mother’s Day weekend from May 7 – May 9, 2021. Whether you run it all in one day or split it up, is up to you!
- Print your personalized commemorative virtual race bib (optional, but kids will love it!).
- On race day, track your time and distance with RunKeeper so it automatically uploads to the leaderboard. Alternatively, you can take a screenshot of your fitness tracker/app and manually upload your stats. Details will be emailed you before May 7, 2021.
- Have fun and share training and race day photos with @sportchek and hashtag #FindWhatMovesYou for the chance to win awesome prizes! There will be spirit awards and draw prizes!
- Post race: Print your personalized commemorative finisher’s certificate and enjoy some rest & relaxation. Don’t forget to stretch before you veg!
Gear up for the run at Sport Chek!
If you’d like to treat yourself to some spring running gear before or after the Mother’s Day Run, Sport Chek has everything you need from running shoes to water bottles. Sign up for the run and take advantage of your exclusive Mother’s Day Run discount from May 6-10, 2021 in-store on select brands! If you’d like to buy something for mom (or yourself, we won’t judge), check out our 2021 Mother’s Day Gift Guide for Active Moms.
I highly recommend Under Armour’s HeatGear line for spring and summer because it’s light, moisture wicking, and quick drying. (For cold weather, try their ColdGear line. With its super soft fleece lining, you might wear it every day like my kids do!) The UA Run Streaker Inverse Tank is made of non-chafing material so it’s really comfortable, and the UA Infinity High Padded Adjustable Bra has a hook closure at the back and adjustable straps that ensure you get the perfect fit and awesome support for your girls. The matching UA Run Fly Fast Speed Print Tights have a drawstring at the waist to prevent them from falling down and are super lightweight material to prevent overheating. If you prefer a longer length, get the UA Run Fly Fast Print Crop Tights that go a few inches below the knee. To keep the breeze and light rain off, I love the Under Armour Woven Reversible Full Zip Jacket.
While Sport Chek has all the top brands of running shoes, Saucony runners are my fav because of the fit and support they provide. My Saucony Women’s Freedom 3 Running Shoes are so light and comfortable, I actually look forward to training in them! Of course you can’t forget socks, so I got a cute set of moisture-absorbing socks from Adidas to match my outfit.
Like the look? I’m wearing…
- Under Armour Women’s Run Streaker 2.0 Inverse Tank
- Under Amour Women’s Infinity High Padded Adjustable Bra
- Under Armour Women’s Run Fly Fast Speed Print Tights
- Under Armour Woven Reversible Full Zip Jacket
- adidas Originals Women’s Colour Wash No Show Socks – 3 Pack
- Saucony Women’s Freedom 3 Running Shoes
For More Information
For more info or to sign up now, visit Sport Chek | Sport Chek Mother’s Day Walk, Run, and Ride.