If you missed the Early Bird deals on Season’s Passes, there are several ways you can save on skiing at Mount Norquay, Sunshine Mountain Village, and Lake Louise Ski Resort. From discount cards to night skiing, and special deals for kids, here’s how you can keep more money in your pocket for après-ski fun (or other adventures). Note that prices below do not include GST.
If you will be skiing or snowboarding two or more times this winter, you can save money by getting a discount card from your favorite ski hill:
The Mount Norquay Big Drop Card ($85) offers 50% off full-price lift tickets every visit! Savings start on day 2 for adults, day 3 for youths (13-17 years old), and day 5 for children (6-12 years old). No blackout dates. Get it at Mount Norquay. *Note: A Senior Season’s Pass is the most affordable option for those over 65.*
With the Sunshine Super Card ($99 until December 25, 2022. Last year’s regular price: $133 at Sunshine / $128 at AMA), your 1st, 4th, and 7th visit are free at Banff Sunshine Village, Jasper’s Marmot Basin, or Revelstoke Mountain Resort. You can also get:
- discounts on other visits: $50 off regular priced adult, youth, and senior full-day lift tickets in November and May; Up to $50 off Midweek days (Monday to Thursday – blackout dates/exclusions apply); $30 off regular priced adult, youth, and senior full day lift tickets on Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays
- a bonus free day at WinSport, Rabbit Hill (Mon-Fri only), or Snow Valley; and
- discounts on food, retail, rentals, and accommodation.
The Sunshine Super Card comes in three formats: Mobile, Direct-to-Lift, and Classic. For more info, visit Ski Banff.
The Lake Louise Plus Card ($129 for a limited time. Last season’s regular price: $139 at Lake Louise / $135 at AMA) offers your 1st, 4th, and 7th day of skiing free at at Lake Louise, Castle, Panorama, or RED Mountain! The card also includes one bonus day at Snow Valley Ski Club, or Canyon Ski Resort. Save 20% off additional ski days, and get 20% off child full-day full-price lift tickets. Partner discounts on dining, lessons, rentals, lodging, and more are also included. Get your card at Lake Louise Ski Resort.
Details Re Ski Cards
Note that the cards are non-transferable (can only be used by one person), cannot be combined with other discounts, and are only valid for one season. For direct-to-lift access, it is recommended you activate your card 24-48 hours in advance depending on the one you get (see ski hill websites for details).
Costco Lift Tickets
Costco sells Adult Lift Tickets to Mount Norquay, Lake Louise and Sunshine for 15-30% off. The tickets are transferable meaning they don’t need to be used by the same person, or on the same day!
2022/2023 Costco Prices
- Mount Norquay adult lift tickets are 2 for $179.99 (22% off – regular price is 2 for $230). When you use your Costco Adult lift tickets, you can get 20% off child/youth/tube park tickets, 20% off rentals, 10% off lessons, and 15% off lodging with Banff Lodging Company! Visit Mount Norquay | Costco for details.
- Sunshine Village adult lift tickets are 2 for $194.99 (up to 38% off – regular price is 2 for up to $312)
- Lake Louise adult lift tickets are 2 for $224.99 (up to 27% off – regular price is $119-154 per lift ticket)
Costco lift tickets must be purchased in-store (not available online).
AMA Lift Tickets
AMA Members can purchase Adult, Youth, and Child lift tickets at discounted rates:
- Sunshine Lift Tickets: $100 Adult (31% off – reg. $145), $90 Youth (20% off – reg. $113), $45 Child (20% off – reg. $56)
- Lake Louise Lift Tickets: $118 Adult (reg. $119-154)*, $88 Youth (reg. $89-119), $44 Child (reg. $45-59). *Lake Louise is offering up to $20 off when you buy your lift ticket online one day in advance, so that’s why there is a range of prices.
Discounted ski cards are also available at AMA (see above). For more information, visit AMA | Skiing & Snowboarding in the Rockies.
Kids 5 & Under (Tiger Ticket or direct-to-lift Tiger Pass)
If you don’t mind going to the ticket window, you can get a FREE Tiger Ticket for children 5 and under when you purchase an adult lift ticket at Mount Norquay, Sunshine Mountain Village, and Lake Louise Ski Resort. The child must accompany the adult to receive the free lift ticket.
For direct-to-lift access for children 5 & under all season, get a Tiger Pass (see prices below):
- Mount Norquay Tiger Pass $25
- Sunshine Village Tiny Tiger Pass $50
- Lake Louise Ski Resort Tiger Pass $25
Fine print: To be eligible for the Tiger Ticket or Tiger Pass, kids must be 5 & under as of December 31, 2023 for the 2022/2023 season.
Grade 2 Pass
Alberta and SE BC Residents can get a Lake Louise Grade 2 Pass for $20. Proof of residence and (one of the following) your child’s birth certificate, healthcare card, Grade 1 report card, or Grade 2 report card are required. For more information, visit Ski Louise | Lake Louise Grade 2 Pass.
Grade 4/5 SnowPass
If you have a child in Grade 4 or 5 and like to ski at different resorts throughout the season, consider the Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass. For only $29.99, your child can ski two times at each participating location over the life of the pass.
Participating resorts in Alberta include Mount Norquay, Lake Louise Ski Resort, Winsport, Marmot Basin, Castle Mountain, Valley Ski Club, Rabbit Hill, Snow Valley, Valley Ski Club and more.
Half-Day Ticket, Night Skiing, Midweek Pass, Afternoon Season’s Pass, Student Pass
Got a flexible schedule? You can save a lot with a midweek season’s pass, night pass, or night lift tickets. Those who crave a little more shuteye will benefit from half day pricing (while it isn’t half price, it’s still cheaper than full-day tickets). Don’t forget Student Passes for post secondary students!
Mount Norquay has Half-Day Skiing (starts at 12 pm), Last Hour Skiing (3 pm – 4 pm), Night Skiing (5 pm – 9 pm on Fridays & Saturdays, Starts in early January 2023), Magic Carpet lift tickets, Norquay 97 Pass (midweek pass has blackout dates but includes some bonus weekend days and night skiing. Norquay 97 Family Pass also available.), Power of 4 Midweek Pass (grab 3 friends and ski midweek for $289/person! Some black out dates.), Night Season’s Pass for only $95 (Fridays and Saturdays from Jan 7, 2022), and a Student Season’s Pass (49% off for 18-24 years old, valid Student ID required).
Sunshine Mountain Village has an Afternoon Only Pass (load the gondola at 12 pm), a Midweek Season’s Pass for 47% the price of a regular season’s pass, and Student Season’s Pass (27% off Adult Pass for 18-29 years old full time post secondary students or Co-op students with valid Student ID).
Lake Louise Ski Resort has Half-Day Tickets (begin at 12:30 pm), After 2 pm Tickets, Learning Area Only lift tickets, Midweek Season’s Passes for 46% the price of a regular season’s pass, a Parent Season’s Pass that can be shared between two parents (12% more than an Adult Season’s Pass), and Student Season’s Pass (46% cheaper than a regular Adult Pass).
Ski & Stay Packages
Looking for ski & stay deals? Several hotels in Canmore, Banff and Lake Louise bundle accommodation and lift tickets for reduced prices:
- Banff Lodging Company has Ski & Stay Packages that included discounted lift tickets and free ski shuttle to/from the mountain – plus you skip the ticket line at the hill!
Don’t forget discounts on lodging when you purchase ski cards:
- Your Sunshine Super Card gives you 10% off at Sunshine Mountain Lodge (Banff’s only ski-in/ski-out accommodation), 15% off Banff Aspen Lodge, 15% off Banff Lodging Company hotels, 15% off Brewsters Mountain Lodge, and 15% off CanAlta Lodge. See Sunshine Super Card Benefits for details including blackout dates.
- Save at several hotels in Banff, Canmore and Lake Louise with your Lake Louise Plus Card (or Lake Louise Ski Resort season’s pass). Participating hotels include Banff Lodging Company properties (Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, Banff Ptarmigan Inn, Dorothy Motel, Fox Hotel & Suites, Moose Hotel & Suites, Hidden Ridge Resort, Rocky Mountain Resort, or Tunnel Mountain Resort), and Buffalo Mountain Lodge. Show your card or season’s pass at check-in for the discount.
I hope these tips save you money this ski season. If I missed any, please let me know in the comments below!
- Tube at Mount Norquay & Stay at Banff Caribou Lodge!
- Five Reasons to Stay at Hidden Ridge Resort in Banff
- 10 Fun Things to Do in Banff this Winter