With awesome adventures and rich history, you’re gonna wanna stay a while in Cold Lake and Bonnyville.
Let NE Alberta surprise you with its gorgeous beaches and outdoor adventures! And when you need some down time, enjoy good eats made with local ingredients, and discover the area’s rich history. Here are 10 fun things to do on a summer getaway to Cold Lake and Bonnyville.
1. Aerial Adventure Park at Kinosoo Ridge: See if you can complete all the challenges on the 3-level, 60 ft / 18 m high course, then enjoy dinner at the fantastic onsite restaurant.
2. Kinosoo Beach, Cold Lake: This gorgeous beach has a zipline across the swimming area, spray park, playground, beach volleyball and basketball courts; covered picnic areas; and rentals. Rent stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, pedalboats, or flyboards from Wicked Watersport Rentals.
3. Cold Lake Bike Park & Trails: Mountain bikers will love the trails and large skills park.
4. Cold Lake Museums: Discover the past at the Aboriginal, Cold Lake Air Force, Heritage, and Oil and Gas Museums.
5. Cold Lake Motocross Track: Hit the trails (admission fees in effect) or watch an ATV/UTV/dirt bike race!
For more details, see our story, Summer Fun in Cold Lake & Bonnyville, on Go East of Edmonton.
6. Cold Lake Marina: Enjoy fish and chips at Clark’s Eatery, then get an ice cream at Jonny Waffle’s and watch the sunset.
7. Ardmore Golf & Country Club (between Cold Lake and Bonnyville): A 9-hole mini golf course, 18-hole golf course, and driving range await.
8. Jennie’s Diner & Bakery: Enjoy comfort food in a classic 50’s diner & get some cupcakes to go!
9. Bonnyville & District Museum: Discover local fur trade and pioneer history while taking a self-guided tour.
10. Bonnyville and District Centennial Centre (C2): Climb the 8.7 m / 32 ft high climbing wall, ice skate, and more!
Where to Stay
Waterfront Harbour Bed & Breakfast, one of Canada’s best bed and breakfasts, has beautifully decorated rooms with a view just steps from the marina! Enjoy fresh baking and a gourmet breakfast on the patio, breakfast nook, or dining room. Owner, Isabel Myshaniuk, is an amazing host.
For More Information
Read our story, Summer Fun in Cold Lake & Bonnyville, on Go East of Edmonton and start planning your NE Alberta Road Trip now!
If you go… play the Go East of Edmonton Roadtrip Adventure Game (There are over $6,000 in prizes to be won!) and download the Roadtrip Savings Passport to save on shopping and dining, and unlock more prizes.