Top 10 Blog Posts
- 3 Family Hikes in NW Calgary: Hike to a small waterfall, visit our favorite places in Nose Hill Park (including the new Medicine Wheel), and explore the Douglas Fir Trail – a forest escape in the city!
Waterfall Valley, Bowmont Park
- How Geocaching Improves Your Moral Compass: What do you do when no one’s watching? How this activity can be a helpful teaching tool re accountability and doing the right thing.
- Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park – So Close to Calgary, So Much to Do: Only half an hour from Calgary, this beautiful park in the Foothills is worth a visit (or several). Great biking, hiking, and interpretive programs.
Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park in Fall
- Save the Slopes!! (Why the Paskapoo Slopes Should Not Be Developed and How You Can Help): Besides being a mountain biker’s paradise, the Paskapoo Slopes are historically and culturally significant.
The Big Rock, Paskapoo Slopes
- 5 Myths About Ticks and Tick Safety Tips: Did you know putting your clothes in a hot dryer (before washing!) can kill ticks? Learn more to protect yourself from Lyme Disease and other tickborne illnesses.
- 5 Must-Haves for Better Camping: Therm-a-rest Luxury Lite Ultralight cot for the win! And 4 other amazing items we can’t do without!
Therm-a-rest Luxury Lite Ultralight Cot
- Car Camping Pack List: We tent camp at least 30 nights a year and I think this is the best car camping pack list ever!
This bug screen house has been a lifesaver!
- Falling For Winter: A guide to winter activities in Calgary, Bragg Creek, Kananaskis and Banff. Find out where to cross country ski, downhill ski, skate, snowshoe and more!
No one loves winter more than my munchkins!
- 7 Leave No Trace Fails and Remedies: Don’t be that person. Learn how to minimize your impact on wild spaces.
Graffiti is an obvious no-no, but what about dumping biodegradable soap in streams?
- Camping Sleep System 411 – How to choose camping bedding (sleeping bags, sleeping pads, travel cribs, camp cots) for the whole family.
Your favorite instagram photo
Our favorite day trips
Ptarmigan Cirque – The Best Short Hike in Kananaskis
|Bill Milne Trail
|Middle Lake, Bow Valley Provincial Park
|Healy Pass, Banff National Park
Our favorite summer adventures
|Mystic Beach, Juan de Fuca Marine Trail, BC
|Near The Point Campground, Kananaskis
Our favorite memories
Our favorite winter adventures
|Learning to ski at Nakiska
|Bow River Loop, Lake Louise
We love going on ice hikes too! For details on 3 great canyon ice hikes near Calgary (Grotto Canyon, Jura Canyon and Johnston Canyon), please see this post.
Your Favorite Giveaway Prize
The numbers have it. With 552 entries, the prize that generated the most excitement was a couple’s set of Terramar Sports Technical Base Layers! Expect more product reviews and giveaways this year!