|Carmanah Point Lighthouse on the West Coast Trail|
- Start from Gordon River (south end)
- Read the tide tables and respect the sea.
- Be prepared for mud.
- Start early each day.
- Pack enough food.
- Carry cash.
- Have a backup plan.
- Carry First Aid supplies and take some basic first aid training (wilderness first aid recommended).
- Bring waterproof matches and waterproof firestarters or fire paste.
- Book a motel at the end of the trail.
For further details, please see the complete post on the Potable Aqua blog at http://www.potableaqua.com/10-tips-backpacking-west-coast-trail/.
|One of many ladders on the West Coast Trail|
Information on the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail (just down the coast from the West Coast Trail) is available here!