For pumpkin festivals and fall fun near Calgary, visit a local farm!
October is a time to give thanks, pull out the sweaters, and visit a local pumpkin patch or farm for some fall fun. From picking the perfect pumpkin and getting lost in a giant corn maze, to blacklight mini golf and llama photos, there’s fun for all ages.
Note: Timed-entry tickets must be pre-purchased online. Visit the farm websites for more information.
Calgary Farmyard Harvest Lights
Harvest Lights at Calgary Farmyard brings you all your favorite activities at night. The entire park is illuminated with colorful lights except the giant 13-acre corn maze (bring a flashlight!). With over 35 attractions including a petting zoo, ziplines, potato sack slide, yard games, and low ropes course, you’re gonna wanna stay a while!
If you’d rather visit during the day, check out Fall Days at Calgary Farmyard.
- Address: 284022 Township Rd 224
- Dates: September 17 – October 31 weekends (see details below)
- Harvest Lights Hours: Saturdays & Sundays, 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Fall Days Hours: Friday & Saturdays, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm; Sundays & Holidays: 9:30 am – 5 pm
Granary Road Pumpkin Fest
Granary Road Pumpkin Fest celebrates everything pumpkin with pumpkin dishes from perogies to ice cream, soaps, and more; and fun activities including a train ride, caramel apple decorating, and scavenger hunt. Enter to win prizes and try the new YesterYear Mini Golf course (extra charge for mini golf)!
- Address: 226066 112 St W
- Dates: October 16, 17, 23, 24
- Hours: 9 am – 5 pm (opening times may be delayed due to frost)
Cobb’s Adventure Park: Pumpkin-Palooza & Field of Screams
Cobb’s Adventure Park boasts over 40 activities including a village of bouncy houses, black light mini golf, giant hamster balls, and two petting zoos (kangaroo petting zoo & farm animals). Kids will enjoy picking a pumpkin at Pumpkin-Palooza, and big kids will get a thrill from the Field of Screams, home to six spooky haunted houses. .
- Address: 1500 84 St NE
- Pumpkin-Palooza Dates/Hours: Saturdays & Sundays in October + Thanksgiving Day, 11 am – 5 pm. Princesses will be visiting on October 30 & 31!
- Field of Screams Dates/Hours: Fridays & Saturdays, October 15-30, 6 pm – 10 pm
***Proof of vaccination is required to enter the Field of Screams haunted houses.***
Butterfield Acres Harvest Pumpkin Festival
Your kids will love visiting the farm animals at Butterfield Acres, going for a pony ride ($3 per child under 60 lbs/27 kg) or tractor-pulled wagon ride ($5/family), warming up at the fire pit and making s’mores, and picking out the perfect pumpkin. If you wear your Halloween costumes, you can enter to win season’s passes!
- Address: 254077 Rocky Ridge Rd NW
- Dates: Saturdays & Sundays in October
- Hours: 10 am – 4 pm
Which fall festival is your favorite?