Discover the best pumpkin festivals, fall fun, and Halloween events in and around Calgary
Autumn is a time to pull out the sweaters, give thanks, and visit a local pumpkin patch or farm for some fall fun. From picking the perfect pumpkin and getting lost in a giant corn maze, to blacklight mini golf and jack-o’lantern displays, there’s fun for all ages at fall events around Calgary.
Calaway Park Halloweekends
During Halloweekends, the south side of Calaway Park is transformed into Hallotown. Check out the Halloween displays, experience magical meet & greets at the Enchanted Forest (12 pm – 3:45 pm), watch the Halloweekends Parade (note: NO parades on September 17th, September 18th, and October 10th), or join the Boo Crew Costume Party (costume content, dance party, karaoke, face painting and more) on September 17 & 18th.
- Address: 245033 Range Rd 33
- Hours: Saturdays, Sundays and Holiday Monday, September 10th to October 10th from 11am to 5pm! Closed September 30, 2022.
- Admission: $49.95 + GST for 3-49 years old; $39 + GST for 50+ years old; 31.95+GST for after 2 pm. Get discounted tickets for $39 + GST online.
Calgary Farmyard: Fall Days & Harvest Lights
Harvest Lights at Calgary Farmyard brings you all your favorite activities at night. The entire park is illuminated with colorful lights except the giant 13-acre corn maze (bring a flashlight!). With over 35 attractions including a petting zoo, ziplines, potato sack slide, yard games, and low ropes course, you’re gonna wanna stay a while!
If you’d rather visit during the day, check out Fall Days at Calgary Farmyard.
- Address: 284022 Township Rd 224
- Harvest Lights Hours & Admission: Fridays & Saturdays from September 16 – October 31, 2022 (closed September 17); 5:00 pm – 9:30 pm. $20.95 + GST kids 3 & up if tickets purchased online, or $25.95 + GST at the farmgate.
- Fall Days Hours & Admission: Friday, Saturdays, Sundays, & Holiday Mondays from September 23 – October 30, 2022; 9:30 am – 4:30 pm. $20.95 + GST per person ages 3+ if tickets purchased online, or $25.95 + GST at the farmgate.
Granary Road: Apple Fest & Pumpkin Fest
Granary Road Apple Fest is sure to be a-peeling with apple cider press demonstrations, hot apple cider, fresh apple juice, an apple pie eating contest, apple butters and baked goods, and more!
- Address: 226066 112 St W
- Hours: September 24 & 25, 2022;10 am – 5:30 pm
- Admission: FREE
Granary Road Pumpkin Fest celebrates everything pumpkin with pumpkin treats, soaps, and more; and fun activities including a wagon ride, pumpkin carving (pumpkins available for purchase), pumpkin chucking competition, and costume contest.
- Address: 226066 112 St W
- Hours: October 22 & 23, 2022;10 am – 5:30 pm
- Admission: FREE
Winsport: Pumpkins After Dark
Pumpkins After Dark is a fun evening walk-through event with over 6,000 hand-carved pumpkins! Enjoy the creative illuminated displays and fall treats, then buy a pumpkin to carve at home. Get tickets here.
- Address: Festival Tent at Winsport, 88 Canada Olympic Rd SW, Calgary
- Hours: Thursdays to Sundays, September 22 – October 31, 2022; 8 pm – 10: 30 pm.
- Admission: Kids 4 – 16 years old $17.95 + GST, Adults $21.95 + GST. Family Pack for 2 adults + 2 kids (save $5): $74.80 + GST. Timed entry.
See our Instagram reel from Pumpkins After Dark 2022 below:
Blue Grass Nursery Pumpkin Fest
Enjoy the petting zoo, straw maze, hay rides, pumpkin smash, games, food trucks, and more while supporting the Alberta Children’s Hospital at the 19th Annual Blue Grass Nursery & Garden Centre Pumpkin Fest!
- Address: 260130B Writing Creek Crescent (near Cross Iron Mills Mall)
- Hours: October 8, 2022; 11 am – 3 pm.
- Admission by donation: $5/person recommended. Get tickets here.
Cobb’s Adventure Park: Pumpkin-Palooza & Field of Screams
Cobb’s Adventure Park boasts over 40 activities including a village of bouncy houses, black light mini golf, giant hamster balls, and two petting zoos (kangaroo petting zoo & farm animals). Kids will enjoy picking a pumpkin at Pumpkin-Palooza, and big kids will get a thrill from the Field of Screams, home to six spooky haunted houses.
- Address: 1500 84 St NE
- Pumpkin-Palooza Hours & Admission: Saturdays & Sundays in October + Thanksgiving Day, 11 am – 5 pm. $20.99 + GST for ages 3 & up online.
- Field of Screams Hours & Admission: October 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, & 29, 2022; 6 pm – 11 pm. $26.99 + GST for ages 3& up online or $30 + GST at the door.
Butterfield Acres Harvest Pumpkin Festival
Your kids will love visiting the farm animals at Butterfield Acres, going for a pony ride ($3 per child under 60 lbs/27 kg) or tractor-pulled wagon ride ($5/family), warming up at the fire pit and making s’mores, and picking out the perfect pumpkin. If you wear your Halloween costumes, you can enter to win season’s passes!
- Address: 254077 Rocky Ridge Rd NW, Calgary
- Hours: Saturdays & Sundays in October + Thanksgiving Monday; 10 am – 4 pm
- Admission: Timed admission (2-hour time slots). Children $14.99 + GST, Adults $16.99 + GST.
Ghouls’ Night Out at Heritage Park
Ghouls’ Night Out promises a fun time for Little Ghouls and Old Spirits alike! Catch the magic show and haunted house in Guinn’s Barn, decorate cookies, do some crafts, play games, listen to ghost stories at the Canmore Opera House, meet Alice in Wonderland Characters at “The Rabbit Hole”, enjoy live music and street theatre, and much more!
- Address: 1900 Heritage Dr SW, Calgary
- Hours: Friday, October 28 & Saturday October 29 6 pm – 9 pm; Sunday October 30, 2022 5 pm – 8 pm
- Admission: Kids 3-15 $14.99, Adults 16+ $19.95
ZooBOO at The Calgary Zoo
Kids will love visiting the animals in their costumes and trick-or-treating at the zoo! Look for treat stations around the grounds (treats for age 12 & under) at ZooBOO.
- Address: 210 St. George’s Drive NE, Calgary
- Dates: Saturday October 29, Sunday October 30, and Monday October 31, 2022
- Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm daily
- Admission*: Children (3-15 years old) $19.95 + GST, Adults (16-59 years old) $29.95, Seniors (60+) $27.95. FREE with annual memberships.
- Parking: $12 unless you have an Engage or Inspire annual membership
*Admission is free with Halloween Brunch on Saturday, October 29 or Sunday, October 30! Two seatings are available: 9 am -11 am, or 11:30 am – 1:30 pm.
Which fall event is your favorite?