Pass Powderkeg is a fun, family-friendly, and affordable ski hill in Crowsnest Pass.
While grabbing my lift ticket, I ask Michelle Dupuis, Pass Powderkeg Snow School Director, where to find the best views on the mountain. Without hesitation, she recommends Spina Trail or The Edge. Spina wraps around the south side of Pass Powderkeg, offering unobstructed mountain views; while The Edge looks across the valley towards Crowsnest Mountain.
Read my story Pass Powderkeg makes it a pleasure for skiers and riders to learn the ropes at SnowSeekers for more info on this great ski hill!
I take Spina and pause a moment at the bench to enjoy the view. The corduroy is untouched and I’m the only person on the trail. It’s unbelievable for a Saturday morning in January with good snow!
Here are 5 ways YOU will be surprised by Pass Powderkeg:
1. They have 24 runs and a terrain park to explore! The mountain is bigger than it looks from the highway.
2. Fast t-bars = more riding! The high speed t-bars are faster than a standard chairlift. Not familiar with how they work? Ask the friendly staff for instructions (young children should try the tow bar in the learning area first). It’s pretty easy – and fun!
3. Your lift ticket is good until 8 pm most days! Check their hours here. Ski for a few hours, check out Frank Slide Interpretive Centre or grab a bite to eat, then come back for night skiing! It’s a good deal and great way to explore Crowsnest Pass. Dine on the mountain (the new chef is amazing) or in Blairmore.
4. Awesome snow school for all levels (1st time to Masters) and special package deals including rentals, lift tickets, and lessons.
5. Fun events: Wintervention Human Sled Dog Races will take place on Sunday, February 25 2023 from 1 pm – 4 pm. This event promises to be a good time! Teams of 3 may join.
I really enjoyed skiing here and look forward to bringing my family next time!
Pass Powderkeg is located less than 2.5 hours southwest of Calgary, just off Highway 3 in Blairmore.
#ExploreAlberta with SnowSeekers’ #BucketlistAB Expedition. Discover more southern Alberta destinations by visiting SnowSeekers.
Thank you to Pass Powderkeg Ski Area, Travel Alberta, and SnowSeekers for making this trip happen! All words and opinions are my own.